How Can I Set Up New Employees for Success? #AskSwenk
They key to creating the best team possible for your agency is ensuring they are on the road to success from day one. To do this, you need to have new employee training processes in place before their first day.
4 Things You Can Do To Get New Employees Ready Before Their First Day
Day #1 on any job is overwhelming for everyone. It’s information overload! But by tackling these four things prior to their first day, you can set up your new employee training processes and your team for success.
1. Share your company vision and goals with them right off the bat. With a clear understanding of where the path leads, your employees can help pave it.
2. Write down the 30, 60 and 90 day goals you have for them and ask them to do the same. This manages hopes and expectations for both parties.
3. Ask “What do you need from me in order to be successful?” and then provide the tools and information they’ve requested.
4. Create screencasts or videos of some routine tasks, procedures or processes. Not only can this be used for reference by this new employee but it they move up or on, you’ll have it for future employees.
* Have all these items prepared and ready to go PRIOR to a new employee’s first day on the job.*
We don’t always hire the perfect employees but when expectations are clearly communicated and tools are in place there is a greater chance for success.
How can you help your new employees be successful? Whether you’re hiring right now or not, what processes can you record and archive? Don’t wait until you need it – start now!
What’s After New Employee Training?
When you have your processes for new employee training in place and your team on the road to success, it’s time to look at what other improvements you need to become a better agency owner.
By taking a step back, you can look at the bigger picture of your agency and focus on areas you haven’t explored yet as well as struggles you need to focus on to improve your business and then check out how I have all you need to get through these obstacles.
I have advice to share with you from how to increase conversions on your website, ways to implement Facebook in your marketing strategy, why building authority to improve your agency is important and the best way to pitch to big brand clients. If growth is your focus, I’ve discussed the different phases of growth within your agency and the three questions you need to ask yourself to sell your services to more customers.
If videos are more your thing, did you know I have a Youtube channel?
Check out more from my Ask Swenk series and more of my videos on my Youtube channel. There you will find advice from myself and other agency experts.