Building Relationships That Become Agency Clients
Have you struggled in building relationships and connections for your agency? Are you looking for a way to increase your agency’s authority and become a leader in your niche? A podcast is a great tool to get your agency voice out there and strike up meaningful and productive conversations and therefore building relationships with more exposure.
In today’s episode, we’ll cover:
- 2 reasons your agency should start a podcast.
- 2 mistakes to avoid when you start a podcast.
- #1 Way to grow your agency.
Today I sat down with Jeremy Weisz, co-founder of Rise 25, a B2B podcast consulting agency. Jeremy is a strong believer podcasts are the number one thing you should do to grow your agency. In his role, he works with agencies to help them see a return on investment from their podcast. He’s here to share a few tips on how to leverage your podcast to gain referrals and create greater connections in your marketing space.
2 Reasons Your Agency Should Start a Podcast
You’ve heard me say it over and over again — if you run an agency, you need to have a podcast. It’s the number one thing I’ve done that has helped my business grow as it also helps in building relationships for your agency. Jeremy follows the same line of thought. He says there are a number of benefits to starting your own podcast:
- Greater authority. Creating a podcast gives you a platform. You have the opportunity to have thought leadership conversations and create your own message. When you bring on guests in your niche you build trust with your audience and increase your authority.
- A chance to build connections. Your podcast isn’t just for your listeners, it can serve as a resource for you. When you invite guests on your show, you have the opportunity to share something valuable and exchange ideas. Worst case scenario, you’ve learned something new and have created engaging content. Best case scenario, you’ve built a relationship where this person may end up as a resource, or even a client, later down the road.
2 Mistakes to Avoid When You Start a Podcast
Jeremy’s literally in the business of creating podcasts and making sure agencies get the best return on their investment. Because of this, he’s got an inside look at some of the most common mistakes agencies make. Here are a few things Jeremy says you need to avoid:
- Vanity metrics. One of the first things people do when they start a podcast is focus on the numbers. How many downloads did I get? How can I get more subscribers? Don’t. Quit focusing on things that don’t matter. At the end of the day, it’s about connecting with the right people. Instead, think about what you can give back to your guests and how you can give them a platform to talk about what they’re doing.
- Wasting too much time. Are you trying to do everything? Are you creating the podcast, editing, and writing up the show notes? Don’t try to take on all the pieces yourself. Your job is to focus on connecting to your best referral partners and clients. It’s okay to bring in someone else to do the rest.
#1 Way to Grow Your Agency Right Now
As agency owners, it’s all about the relationships we create. Without our clients, our partners, and our contacts, we wouldn’t be able to do what we do. The number one thing you can do to help your agency grow is focus on your relationships. This means less automation and more personal connections.
Jeremy says he sets aside time every week to connect with his clients. It could be a 45-minute phone call or a quick text just checking in. Find out how your connections like to communicate. You can even create a quick video and send it through a message.
Want to do something right now and see an immediate return? Sit down and make a list of 10, 20, or 50 people who already like you or have already been referred to you. Now send them a note or give them a call. Take the time to show them you appreciate them. Jeremy says most times people will respond with a thank you, or better yet, a referral.
Creating a podcast is a fun, simple way to broaden your reach and increase your authority. Don’t wait. It’s okay to jump right in. I guarantee you’ll get more out of it than you expect.
Are You Looking for Outsourced Copywriting for Your Agency or Clients?
Verblio is a content creation solution designed specifically for agencies. Their writers can help with everything from blog posts to ebooks to video scripts and more.
Forget the hassle of finding and hiring your own writers. Verblio has a pool of more than 3,000 highly vetted writers who produce custom, SEO-rich content. You set the criteria for style and tone and they match you with writers that have expertise in your specific subject matter.
Verblio’s platform is designed specifically for agencies — and for a limited time, they are offering my audience 50% off your first month of content. My team is using Verblio and loving it, so make sure you check them out.
Next Steps After Building Relationships
Is building relationships the only aspect you need to work on or are you ignoring other struggles within your agency?
Step back and look at other processes that need attention. No matter what challenge your agency is facing, I can help you get through all of it.
Growing your agency can be a major struggle for any agency owner and I can show you the different phases of growth you will experience and how placing a process for performance based pricing can be the best pricing strategy for your business.