How Podcasting Will Help Connect You With More Agency Clients
Have you considered creating a podcast, but don’t know where to start? Are you looking for a new way to get clients engaged without coming off salesy? Podcasts are a great way to connect with more prospective clients. As an added bonus, they are one of the easiest ways you can generate leads for your agency.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- 3 Reasons why podcasts work to connect you with more clients.
- Why your agency should consider a podcast.
- 3 Ways to make your voice shine through.
Today, I sat down with Mark Lipsky, founder of The Radio Agency. The Radio Agency is a radio-only digital marketing agency. They focus on radio — nothing more, nothing less. Over the past 26 years, Mark has discovered what makes radio great and what makes it stand out from the rest. Mark shares with us what he learned and why you should consider incorporating podcasts into your marketing approach.
3 Reasons Why Podcasts Work
You may think, “I don’t need to start a podcast, my blog is doing just fine.” And that may be the case. But podcasts open up new possibilities that may not currently exist for your agency. Podcasts are portable. Consumers can listen to your podcast whenever, wherever. But more importantly:
- There’s something for everyone: Unlike traditional radio, even those with weird obscure tastes will find something they like. Have a super niche agency? There’s a good chance your client is looking for your podcast.
- The ability to multitask: As humans, we rarely like to sit still anymore. With podcasts, you can listen to a show in the car, while you run, or while you’re sitting at your desk at work.
- You don’t have to schedule your time: Listeners aren’t required to tune-in at a specific time. All they have to do is download past shows and binge them during free time.
Why Your Agency Should Consider a Podcast
But isn’t a podcast a lot of work? Not at all. There are so many apps where you can create one in just a few minutes on your own. Of course, there are options to make them more technical and expand your reach, but there’s nothing complicated about creating a podcast. But why should you invest your time in a podcast?
- They’re easy. Seriously, it’s so much easier than you think. If I can do it, anyone can 🙂
- They’re personable. Even the best writers have difficulty getting their true voice and intent to come through. With a podcast, listeners can hear tone, laughs, and inflections, increasing connection with the audience.
- Audiences are paying attention. Look at your metrics. How often does someone read the entire blog post? Watch the entire video? Most often, listeners finish most, if not all of the podcast. Because they are so portable and so engaging.
3 Ways to Make Your Voice Shine Through
Just like anything else, the goal is to stand out. With thousands of podcasts covering a variety of subjects, it’s just as easy to be a “me too,” podcast as it is a “me too,” agency. Voice is what will make you stand out. How do you do this?
- Be genuine. Don’t try to create a character. Even if your listeners don’t catch onto your act, you’ll have a hard time sustaining the character long-term.
- Let your personality shine through. Be you. Don’t hide your personality. Listeners love authenticity and want to hear what drives you.
- Create content designed to help. Never create a podcast with the intent to sell something. Customers can see through this. Give your listeners something of value. If they like your message and enjoy listening to you, you won’t have to try to sell — they’ll want to work with you.
In marketing, it’s important to embrace all forms of media. Podcasts are a great way to share your message, show your voice, and connect with your audience.
Want Help Pitching and Winning More New Business?
Imagine a partner who helps you streamline Google Ads, Facebook, and Bing workflows, recommends genius optimizations across platforms, and then brags about the results to your clients for you. What if that partner could also help you grow your agency by making it easier to pitch and take on more clients? In a nutshell, that’s what Wordstream will do for your agency.
And in support of the podcast, Wordstream is offering Smart Agency Masterclass listeners a FREE 14-day trial and complimentary sales-tool add-on. Just check out Wordstream.com/smartagency for more information.