Learn How to Land the Big Name Clients & Keep Them Happy
Want to land big clients for your agency? Find out how John Waddy of TwentySix2 Marketing landed accounts ranging from Coke, AutoTrader, Microsoft, and Verizon Wireless. TwentySix2 Marketing has been a leader in the online marketing industry for over a decade, providing services in search engine optimization, paid search, social media marketing, content marketing.
Key Take-Aways from the Video for the Agency Owner:
- Make a deposit before you make a withdrawal. Meaning – help them first before you ask for their business. If you sell someone today, they will be your client today. If you help someone today, they will be a long term and raving fan.
- Strategic partners can help with getting into bigger clients but only if you have a speciality that the bigger partners do not or compliments their offering.
- Participating on boards and organizations with people they were targeting drove allot of growth.
- Developing a lunch and learn that they would invite prospects too on a regular basis.
- Change the conversation by asking allot of question.
- Understand the scope of work, understand the market analysis, understand the result, and always measure.
- One of the biggest challenges of getting off the ground was creating momentum.
- Focus at least an hour a day on your business and not just running your business.
- John also made sure there were diversity of clients, so no one client made up a majority of revenue.
Who do you hire to grow the business? Figure out what kind of person are you. Are you an operations person, then hire someone that can sell. If you are a sales person, hire someone that can do operations. If your a closer, hire a sales person that can find the business and then work together to close the business together. Don’t compete with your sales people. Define a process that your team can follow.
Landing Big Clients for Your Agency
How do you maintain your big clients and generate new business?
- Focus on results and continue to show metrics of momentum and ROI. Build the relationship and over deliver.
- Measure everything and benchmark where you started. If you are doing your job and proving your ROI, you will keep them as a client.
- Be a consultant and provide insights that they don’t have. Help clients succeed and prove your results with ROI.
- Never sell to your customer. Ask allot of questions and listen. Focus on the clients need and don’t focus on what and how you do it.
- Based on their response, propose a solution.
Build a Better Agency
When you can land big clients, you are on the way to building a better agency and creating authority as a digital agency owner. This can only be successful by focusing on the processes within your agency to improve it as a whole but I can help you get through all of it.
Growing your agency can be a major goal for many agency owners. I can show you the different phases of growth you will experience, how placing a process for performance based pricing can be the best pricing strategy for your business and the three questions you need to ask yourself to sell more!