How to Generate Leads Using Video Marketing
If you’re not using video in your own agency marketing, or if you aren’t getting any traction from your videos check out this episode. Today’s guest tells us why video is one of the best lead generators out there – and how to set yourself up for successful video marketing campaigns.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- 4 benefits of using video in your agency marketing.
- #1 mistake agencies make in video marketing.
- The equipment and pre-planning you need for making great videos.
My guest today is Dee Dee deKenessey, Agency Partner Program Manager at Wistia. If you don’t already know about Wistia – it’s time to get out from under that rock. Wistia provides professional video hosting with amazing viewer analytics to help you achieve your video marketing goals. Dee Dee tells us how you can set yourself up for success by weaving video into your marketing.
In just one year, Wistia’s Agency Partner Program has grown to 700 agencies with varying levels of experience, from beginner to seasoned veteran. Dee Dee also manages a private partner online community where everyone can collaborate, idea-share, and help one another.
4 Big Benefits of Using Video Marketing
- There’s an over saturation of emails, blogs, and social posts. Your prospects are on information overload. Video breaks through the rest of the noise.
- Video is easier to consume and digest. A lot of people prefer watching over reading because it’s usually faster and simpler.
- Viewers feel like they can relate to you in video. It’s more authentic than written content, and it allows your personality to come through.
- Every video is unique and hard to duplicate. Your video content is all yours – blog posts can be stolen but no one can imitate you on camera.
Not convinced yet? There’s tons of other reasons you should be using rich media in your agency marketing.
#1 Mistake in Video Marketing
Sure there’s rookie mistakes like lighting, scripting, etc. but those issues are easily solved over time and with experience. But no matter what the level of experience, Dee Dee says there’s one huge mistake people make in their video marketing, and it’s totally preventable. The biggest mistake is jumping right into production without a plan or goal in mind.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Make sure you have a single goal in mind; then determine how video can help achieve the goal.” quote=”Make sure you have a single goal in mind; then determine how video can help achieve the goal.”]
How to Set Yourself Up for Successful Video Marketing
Before you film anything, ask yourself these questions:
- Who is watching this video? Where are they within the sales funnel?
- What’s the context around the video?
- How will the viewer engage with the video?
- What is the next step or call-to-action?
- Where will the video live – and why?
Then based on your goals for the video, decide where it will live. House your video…
- On Facebook… if you goal is to promote your brand or entertain without sending traffic back to your site.
- On YouTube… if your goal is to make the video searchable, or if your video solves a problem.
- On your website… if your goal is to educate or increase sales.
- In an email… if your goal is to drive traffic or promote a service.
INSIDER TIP: You don’t need fancy equipment to produce great videos. I do all mine on my iPhone or iPad, and I have one O-ring light. Check out Wistia’s resource library for more tips.
Plus, if you use Wistia’s hosting you receive analytics that show you how each video is performing. You’ll be able to find out who’s been watching your videos, how much they’ve watched and which videos are providing the most value.
What’s Next for Your Agency?
After generating leads using video marketing for your agency, you need to ensure you have strong processes in place. This will allow you to provide high quality work, save time on projects and build your authority as an agency. Take a step back and look at other processes that need attention. No matter what challenge your agency is facing, I can help you get through all of it.
Growing your agency can be a major struggle for any agency owner and I can show you the different phases of growth you will experience, how placing a process for performance based pricing can be the best pricing strategy for your business and the three questions you need to ask yourself to sell more!