How to Make Video Content To Attract New Agency Business
Creating video content is hard, right? It’s got to be perfect lighting, sound, and of course relevant subject matter. Don’t let all that overwhelm stands in your way of getting started. Video content is one of the hottest ways to attract new agency business. And, anyone can make incredible videos without a ton of experience – you just need to get out of your own way in order to get started.
In today’s episode, we’ll cover:
- How to start making video content for your agency.
- 3 easy video types to help get you started.
- #1 tip for creating engaging video content.
Today, I talked with Chris Deblasio, actor, producer, and CEO of Agency850, the entertainment marketing company he founded. Chris’s agency shoots Hollywood-quality videos and does product placement for movies and TV. Chris went from selling yellow page ads to running a successful video agency. And, he’s learned a few tricks along the way. From being comfy in front of her camera to winning with video creatives, Chris explains how video marketing can add value to your agency’s services.
How to Start Making Video Content
Chris makes high-quality videos at his agency but he’s the first to admit you don’t need fancy equipment to get the attention of your prospects. You don’t need an expensive camera and a sound crew to produce outstanding videos — just need your phone and a vision.
Want to know the big secret to making great video content? Just start!
The sooner you start, the sooner it will become second nature to you. Sure, you’ll make some crappy videos in the beginning. But, you’re never going to make really killer ones until you a few under your belt. No one is going to judge you by one or two stinky videos. Prospects will be looking at your entire body of content, not a few rough ones.
The sooner you start, the sooner you can find your voice. And the sooner you can cash in on video marketing – which isn’t going away anytime soon.
3 Easy Video Types to Help You Get Started
Here are 3 super-easy video content types to get you started. All you’ll need is a camera and a smile.
- Q&A Show: A simple question/answer show is an easy way to throw your hat in the video content ring. All you have to do is sit in front of a camera and answer some questions. It will help you get comfortable being yourself in front of the camera, plus it will position you as a thought leader. Don’t have any questions to answer? Research some in online communities like Quora. I did that when I first started Swenk Today!
- Live Content: Facebook Live and other live social platforms make it almost too easy. No one expects live videos to be filled with high production quality. That gives you a good excuse to play around a little if you don’t know what you’re doing. Give people a tour of your office or host a live Q&A with your clients and team.
- Podcast: Yes, all agencies should have a podcast! Your podcasts can be video podcasts. And, it’s low risk. Most people are watching for the audio. So, if you have poor production and lighting skills, no one is going to notice. Even better, if you keep the podcast going, you’ll be able to look back on your first episode and see how far you’ve come! Want a good laugh? Check out my first one which we now fondly refer to as my hostage video.
#1 Tip for Creating Engaging Video Content
The number one tip for making videos is… drumroll, please… be yourself!
Yes! I know it’s corny but it’s true. Viewers want you to be genuine; this is easily the most important thing you can do to be successful with video content. Besides, no one can replicate you or your personality.
It’s totally normal. Most people tend to get a little nervous when in front of a camera. When I first got in front of the camera, I looked like an Oompa Loompa 🙂
Take off the mask. A fake persona is obvious and copying someone else — like Gary Vee or Casey Neistat is disingenuous. Go ahead and be yourself and give people a chance to like you for you.
Are You Looking for Outsourced Copywriting for Your Agency or Clients?
Verblio is a content creation solution designed specifically for agencies. Their writers can help with everything from blog posts to ebook to video scripts and more.
Forget the hassle of finding and hiring your own writers. Verblio has a pool of more than 3,000 highly vetted writers who produce custom, SEO-rich content. You set the criteria for style and tone and they match you with writers that have expertise in your specific subject matter.
Verblio’s platform is designed specifically for agencies — and for a limited time, they are offering my audience 50% off your first month of content. My team is using Verblio and loving it, so make sure you check them out.
How Can I Help?
Creating video content to attract new clients and bigger projects could be the first step of many to improve your agency in the long run. Through my own career and professional life, I have more than likely experienced all if not most of the different struggles you have and can help you with what I have learned. From bad agency clients, developing agency products as well as how you can build authority for your agency.