How Web Audits Convert More Agency Prospects Into Clients
Are you struggling to get your foot in the door with the right clients? Do you have plenty of leads, but just can’t convert? Web audits can help you close more new business deals faster and convert prospects easier than ever.
In today’s episode, we’ll cover:
- Why you should always lead with value.
- How web audits can help your agency increase conversion rates.
- What your agency can do to improve on converting leads.
Today I sat down with Clifford Almeida, owner of Hire a Wiz, the digital agency he started 8 years ago. After years of perfecting web audits as their foot-in-the-door strategy, Cliff soon developed a Saas tool for agencies called My Web Audit. Clifford has found a wait to optimize this process to help agency owners grow their agency and convert more leads. In this episode, Clifford shares how audits helped his agency increase its closing rate nearly 40%.
Why You Should Always Lead with Value
If you have listened to the podcast, you’ve heard me say it before — the number one way to close more deals is to lead with value. When you lead with value, clients are more likely to trust what you have to say and see you as an authority.
So how do you do this? Clifford says you need to show prospects how you can fix their problem. Anyone can talk all day long about how they will increase sales or convert more leads. But when you show a potential client how specific actions will affect their metrics, they’ll have a better time visualizing the value of your services.
How Audits Can Help Your Agency Increase Conversion Rates
Early on, Cliff discovered a way to convert more prospects into clients. Instead of selling his core service right away, he presented a web audit with indicators showing the prospect areas of improvement on their site. By pointing out what can be done better and the potential results of making improvements, their prospects became more inclined to work with Cliff’s agency. When you provide upfront value at a low cost, you can establish authority, gain trust, and convert more prospects into clients.
The key to a good audit is to make sure you focus on the client. Most audits are built for the agency, with little regard for the client experience. When you do an audit, you want to make sure you keep it short and sweet and address the client’s specific pain points. You should be able to present your findings in about 30 minutes. There are a few ways to make sure the audit will be effective:
- Start with giving. You’re not giving away agency secrets but give them some information on what you do and why/how it’s done that way.
- Provide information, but make sure that information is valuable. What are you going to do and what is the expected outcome?
- Show the client how your agency can solve their problem. Not just want the problem is, but why your process will achieve the desired outcome or solution.
What Your Agency Can Do To Improve on Converting Leads.
Clifford says in the year 2020, there is no shortage of leads. Where the big problem comes is converting those leads into clients. So where do most agencies fail?
- They pitch to anyone and everyone. You can attract prospects all day long, but unless you can present yourself as an expert or authority, there’s nothing to stop a prospect from going somewhere else.
- They lead with selling. Remember, the number one way to convert more leads is to lead with value. Provide examples, discuss specifics, and educate the client.
It’s important to talk to prospects in a way they will understand. Most of the time you will be talking to marketing directors who are trying to show CEO’s, Presidents, or Owners the value in their services. Make sure you present your audit in a way that matters to them and makes them look good.
Are you using audits to convert more leads for your agency? If not, now’s a good time to start. Clifford is offering a special deal just for Smart Agency Masterclass listeners. Check out My Web Audit for a FREE 7-day trial and 50% off any plan for 3 months.