How Can I Handle Training New Employees & Setting Up Success?
How Can I Handle Training New Employees & Set Up Success?
Do you want new employees to be successful from day one? Training new employees effectively and providing proper onboarding are the keys to success from their first day in your team!
4 Things You Can Do To Get New Employees Ready Before Their First Day
Day #1 on any job is overwhelming for everyone. It’s information overload! But by tackling these four things prior to their first day, you can set up your new employees for success.
1. Share your company vision and goals with them right off the bat. With a clear understanding of where the path leads, your employees can help pave it.
2. Write down the 30, 60 and 90-day goals you have for them and ask them to do the same. This manages hopes and expectations for both parties.
3. Ask “What do you need from me in order to be successful?” and then provide the tools and information they’ve requested.
4. Create screencasts or videos of some routine tasks, procedures or processes. Not only can this be used for reference by this new employee but it they move up or on, you’ll have it for future employees.
* Have all these items prepared and ready to go PRIOR to a new employee’s first day on the job.*
We don’t always hire the perfect employees but when expectations are clearly communicated and tools are in place there is a greater chance for success.
How can you help your new employees be successful? Whether you’re hiring right now or not, what processes can you record and archive? Don’t wait until you need it – start now!
More From Jason Swenk
We’ve discussed why training new employees is essential for success from day one of joining your team but did this cover what you need to improve your agency?
Do you need more advice? Don’t worry, I have all you need to get through these obstacles.
No matter what you need advice on, I have more than likely covered it. From topics such as handling a recession to ways of using your social media community to expand your brand awareness. Or maybe you want to know the four phases of growth within your agency? I have all the information you need to help you through it.
If videos are more your thing, don’t worry, i’ve got you covered! You can check out more from my Ask Swenk series and more of my videos on my Youtube channel. There you will find advice from myself and other agency experts.